Latest What's New
RadASM Readme File
This page is only updated periodically.
For the most up to date information use the link above
For other important information see the Readme file
The Readme file may or may not be present.
- Added tool to change RadASM menu caption and accelerators.
- Added accelerator resource.
- Improved segment collapsing in RAEdit.
Assembler.ini section [CodeBlock] must be changed to take adventage of this improvement.
(GoAsm users should refer to the installation notes for changes to code structure)
- Fixed template bug where some resource files was not renamed.
- Fixed Export ID equates bug where some resource files was not included.
- Fixed a bug in RAGrid that caused constant repaint on some systems.
- Fixed a bug where modules was not assembled if in a sub folder.
- Included e-help addin.
- Added project groups and a tool to maintain groups.
- Menu editor now uses MENUEX resource type.
- Fixed prototype bugs.
- Fixed a menu on dialog problem.
- Edit control can now have caption.
- Several hla support improvements / bugfixes.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- A projects main filenames / build commands are now stored in the template when it is created.
- When you create a new project using a template, build commands and main files are taken from the template.
- Added [*PROJECTNAME*] command to template. Every occurrence of this keyword is replaced with the project name.
- ReallyRad now checks if obj file is newer than the source when assembling modules.
(Works safely on single file modules only. Included files and libraries are NOT checked).
- Improved Undo / Redo in RAEdit.
- Added Inactive, Right aligned and Help checkboxes to menu editor.
- Added VersionControl addin by WillASM. Combines Version-Inc and ProjectZip addins + much more.
- Added Edit / Open (Alt+Ctrl+O) opens file with the filename under the caret.
Current path and include path are checked for the file.
- Fixed several serious bugs.
- Updated / added AddinMana, ProjectZip, ReallyRad and Version-inc addins.
- Added RAGrid custom control. The source code for RAGrid can be found at the website.
- Changed add resource dialog. (Uses RAGrid).
- Changed add stringtable dialog. (Uses RAGrid).
- Resources (bitmaps, icons, ...) are stored in it's own file and are no longer added to main rc file.
- Versioninfo are stored in it's own file and are no longer added to main rc file.
- Exported update resource and stringtable calls to addins.
- Added masm dos projects. Big thanks to Cip.
- Added Main Project Files dialog.
- Fixed a few bugs.
- Integrated hex editor (remove HexVU addin).
- Fixed Versioninfo bug (only partially updated the .rc file).
- Made changes to how dialog editor saves controls to the .rc file.
-- All controls saved as type CONTROL.
-- Important: If changing old dialogs then listboxes might need Notify to be set to TRUE.
- Added Notify option to several controls.
- Added more dialog editor controls (HotKey, Pager, ReBar).
- The dialog controls caption is updated while typing.
- Added new styles to toolbar and statusbar controls.
- Added more functions to info tool (dialog and hex edit).
- Improved hla support.
- Several minor changes / bug fixes.
- Added Delete project
- Added Color themes
- Added new info tool window.
- Added donkeys RADToolBar addin. Lets you customize the RadASM toolbar. (Dbl click on the toolbar).
- Made code properties more flexible. Assembler.ini section [Code] changed.
- Made code write macros more flexible. Assembler.ini section [CodeMacro] changed.
- Made collapsible code blocks more flexible. Assembler.ini section [CodeBlock] added.
- Improved auto brackets. Works on both [ and ]. Auto brackets a word, left or right.
- Several minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Improved huge project support.
- Projects loads faster.
- Projects code properties refreshes faster.
- Multi file select on template creation and add existing files to project.
- Convert tab to space and space to tab now works on whole line, not only on the indent.
- Export ID equates now supports both ver 1.00 and ver 1.01 dialogs. Also autosaves before exporting.
- Non existing projects on MRU projects list is removed on startup.
- Several bugs fixed in RadASM and RAEdit.
- Added NoteTools and HexVU addins.
- Updated BitMask, ButtonChanger and Colref addins.
- Exported more RadASM functions/data/handles to addins.
- Options to set default dialog ID and controls start ID.
- You can now Run with debug from the make menu.
Note: You must update the assembler.ini files to get this feature.
- Several minor bugs fixed.
- Option to auto open last project.
- Assembler errors are now bookmarked and line with error is hilited.
From edit menu you can goto next error and clear all errors.
See RadASMini.rtf section [Error] for options.
- From Format menu you can now hide selected lines.
- Fixed a few bugs in RAEdit
- Added support for enviroment variables read from assembler.ini.
See RadASMini.rtf section [Enviroment] for more info.
- Made several changes to fasm.ini, hla.ini and goasm.ini
- Added addin message AIM_COMMAND and AIM_COMMANDDONE to properties context menu.
- Debugger can be run from the run command
- Bug in CreateProject addin fixed.
- F1-Help files can now be defined in Assembler.ini
- Several fixes to hla support.
- Fixed a bug where code complete listbox could go off screen.
- Fixed a bug with local procs tooltip. Also works with GoAsm.
- Added bitRAKE's api constants.
- WARNING: There is a bug in the CreateProject addin created by minor28.
The bug seem to be related to (Untitled) files and will cause RadASM to GPF.
- Fixed a bug where RadASM would GPF after saving (Untitled) file.
- Added support for structure item code complete in hla projects.
- Macro menu definitions moved from RadASM.ini to assembler.ini.
- Tools menu definitions moved from RadASM.ini to assembler.ini. Defaults read from RadASM.ini.
- Help menu definitions moved from RadASM.ini to assembler.ini. Defaults read from RadASM.ini.
- Support for melt 2.0.10
- Support for GoAsm
- Fixed a scroll bug when DBCS font in RAEdit.
- Fixed a Macro / Manage bug (removed path from macro filename).
- More color highlighting
- Color group 13: Window messages and API constants
- Color group 14: API 's
- Color group 15: Structures
- If a help menu command contains .exe, then it is treated as a tools menu command.
- Fixed a bug on tools menu (removed a space at the end of the command).
- Fixed a bug in RAEdit (could
GPF when height of edit control less than font height).
- Fixed TASM **Warning** bug.
- It is no longer possible to have more than one instance of a file open.
- Fixed an auto horizontal scroll paint bug. (Last entered character was not painted)
- You can now set the assembler without opening a project. (Project / Set Assembler)
- Custom colors from the color dialog are now saved to INI file.
- Fixed too fast selection scroll problem.
- Fixed a bug with out-dent on collapsed procs.
- Fixed comment highlighting on include / includelib line bug.
- Changed comment (F10 to Alt+F9) and uncomment (Ctrl+F10 to Alt+Ctrl+F9) to free F10 for the standard menu functions.
- RadASM can now support more than 5 assemblers / hll's.
- Several minor bug fixes.
- There are now 16 keyword groups
- Some groups can be used for .RC files
- Support for uppercase keywords (precede keyword with a '^').
- New Color & Keyword option dialog
- New Printer Option dialog
- Fixed a template bug (filenames in main RC file was not changed).
- Improved support for nested procs expand/collapse.
- Fixed a splash screen left margin problem.
- Several improvements for HLA support.
- Added support for nested procs collapse / expand.
- Added support for comment blocks.
- Added support for Randall Hyde's HLA.
- Made changes to how Ctrl+Up / Down works in RAEdit.
- Project scanner now uses RAEdit's character table.
- Sniplet edit window now processes keyboard input.
- Fixed proc properties parse and find bugs.
- Added PthExpl++ AddIn.
- Added ButtonChanger AddIn.
- Added Res2Dlg AddIn.
- Added BitMask AddIn.
- Fixed a few bugs.
- Added Recent files to File menu.
- Added keyboard commands to RAEdit:
- Ctrl+Alt+ or AltGr+
- InsertShow/Hide line numbers
- HomeJump between splits
- EndOpen/Closes split
- Page UpCollapse all procs
- Page DownExpand all procs
- Up / DownSizes splits
- Included enhanced version of Milos asmvars AddIn.
A must for medium / large projects. You can dblclick in output window
to jump to the unreferenced variable.
- Fixed bug make menu enabling when tools menu changed
- Fixed bug codewrite macro not always working
- Sniplet window now processes keyboard commands (Esc, Tab & Enter)
- Added possibility for sub menus on tools, macro and help menu.
See included file ConfigMenu.txt
- Fixed a bug that caused ToolBox button icons to turn black on win95
- AddIns can now override RadASM's default toolbar tooltips (RAM_TBRTOOLTIP).
- Fixed a minor codewrite macro bug.
- Fixed a bug in RAEdit that caused character table to not always be used.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y to not work on some keyboards
- Added option to open code files with procs collapsed.
- Code and text font style is now saved to INI.
- Improved word select / jump (Ctrl+<Right / Left Arrow>)functions.
- Better support for
DBCS fonts (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
- Better support for Western and Cyrillic character sets.
- Fixed bugs related to edit overwrite mode.
- It is now possible to setup how RadASM handles individual characters.
See [CharTab] for more info. Should make it possible
for RadASM to handle other programming languages than assembly.
- Fixed an accelerator bug (Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V).
- Fixed an output window bug that could cause RadASM to
- Fixed an Alt Gr key problem in RAEdit
- Changed Alt+Ctrl accelerators to Shift+Ctrl in RadASM
(Alt Gr key problems on some keyboards)
- Fixed double click on error in ouput window bug for tasm / fasm.
- Added support for melt (Masm Error Lookup Tool)
Double click on error number in output will launch melt.
See included melt.txt for more info.
- You can now select which pages to print.
- Shift+Space to show word list is now an option.
- You must now press Ctrl+Shift+Space to copy text from api tool tip. Ctrl/Shift+Space activates word list.
- Fixed a bug with Ctrl+Space when api list has focus.
- Fixed a resource leak in RAEdit (Button bitmaps)
- Fixed a few minor bugs in RAEdit (Replace selection in overwrite mode, caret positioning in upper split window)
- Added Shift+Delete (Cut)
- Added Ctrl+Delete (Extend selection to end of word and delete selection)
- Added Ctrl+Backspace (Extend selection to start of word and delete selection)
- Fixed a minor bug in RadASM (Slow edit after large selection jump)
- Fixed a scrollbar bug in RAEdit.
- Fixed a MDI restore bug in RadASM.
- Added page break marker to selection bar in RAEdit. Page size can be set in Code Editor Options
- Made changes to how bitmaps are added to toolbox buttons.
- Made changes to dialog editor grid brush. Should now work on Win95 if set to 4x4
- Speed optimized painting in RAEdit.
- Added option for flicker free drawing. Disable if you have a paint speed problem.
- Fixed a bug where code blocks was not marked on paste/undo.
- Included X05's Version-Inc AddIn.
- Fixed a find and replace bug.
- Made some speed optimizations.
- Added double click on splitter bar/button to close/open a split.
- Fixed a sniplet tool bug.
- Fixed a proc argument parse bug.
- Fixed a tools menu problem (spaces in filenames).
- Fixed a bug that could cause NT 4.0 to
- Added option for proc divider line.
- Expand / collapse no longer goes to first line.
- Got rid of richedit and used my own edit control (RAEdit).
-- Flicker free highlighting.
-- Support for
-- Expand / collapse procs.
-- Line numbers.
- Fixed prototype bug.
- Fixed a codemacro bug that could cause FASM projects to
- Fixed a project wizard bug that made NT4.0
- Fixed a project scan bug. (Caused ReallyRad to fail on control dblclick)
- Fixed a show output window bug in FlipCase.dll. (You had to click show output twice.)
- Fixed a dialog editor bug. Deleting an IP-address control would also destroy the dialogs font.
- If auto show / hide output option is not set (FlipCase option 32), then a click on right pane of status bar shows / hides output window.
- Fixed large selection while API constants listbox visible bug. (Caused a
- Fixed missing scrollbar in resource combo.
- Right click on a tab button now selects the tab.
- Fixed double click in code properties with no selection bug.
- Fixed font not set when switching assembler bug.
- Ctrl+Tab selects next tab.
- Shift+Ctrl+Tab selects previous tab.
- Fixed about box.
- Fixed a nasty bug with wordlist parsing. Caused RadASM to enter infinitive loop when wordlist listbox was about to show.
- Added Create proto to Properties popup menu.
- Fixed a highlighting bug that would leave a "box" character at the end of a comment line.
- Fixed unions in structure problems.
- Fixed a bug with goto declare on empty line.
- Improved Code Editor Options dialog and added option to set code file extensions.
- Added many new options to Code Editor Colors to improve font handling.
-- Shift highlight down:
--- Some fonts makes the highlighting misalign (font height confusion).
--- To support Chinese characters in strings and comments.
-- Exact italic draw:
--- Draws italic characters one at a time.
-- Shift italic up.
--- Draws italic 1 pixel up to prevent loss of underscore on some fonts.
-- Shrink italic.
--- Shrinks the italic font. You must also use Exact italic draw.
-- Exact bold draw.
--- Draws bold characters one at a time.
- Option to select
DBCS font (Chinese).
- Option dialog to set internal file browser options (filter and folders).
- Option dialog to set external file handling.
- Added two user buttons to toolbar. They connect to top items in tools menu.
- Fixed a bug regarding code complete on structure items.
- You can now set breakpoints on a selection to single step parts of the code.
Whats new since 18.104.22.168
- RadASM now supports spaces in filenames.
- RadASM detects if resources needs to be recompiled. (Build and Go command)
- Source code breakpoints.
-- Close to source code debugging.
-- Does not clutter your code.
-- As easy as setting a bookmark
- Copy project or file browser filenames to code. (Right click menu)
- Expand / collapse project groups on dbl click.
- Code properties combo holds selection during refresh.
- Help, Tools and Macro menu options dialog now has a file browse button.
- Project options dialog made sizeable.
- Made some changes to breakpoints handling. Added log capability.
- Added drag and drop files. Dragging and dropping a file from Explorer will open it in RadASM.
- Fixed a print bug.
- Add any file to help menu.
- Added more API constants to xxxxApiConst.api files.
- Code properties right click menu.
-- Goto declare
-- Find / Find Next / Find Previous
-- Copy to code
- Latest version of VKim's debug macros.
- Latest demo version of my spread sheet / grid custom control.
- Fixed context menu position when using keyboard.
- RadASM now handles relative paths.
- Dragging and dropping a project file now opens the project.
- Included X05's PathExplore AddIn.
- Added AVI and RCDATA resource types.
- Updated ReallyRad AddIn to support new resource types.
- Added animate control.
-- Plays your avi at design time.
- Added IP-Address control.
- Added more styles to monthview control.
- Added a few more constants to ****ApiConst.api files.
- More intuitive tool window docking.
- Added Tool Windows options.
- Support for Chinese characters. See RadAsmini.rtf for more info.
- New code property, messages.
-- Lets you go directly to a window message handling such as WM_PAINT or WM_COMMAND.
-- Uses a xxxxMessage.api file, so customizing to your needs is easy.
-- You can press F3 to go to the next occurrence.
-- Note: Add Message=Masm\masmMessage.api to section [Api] in masm.ini
-- See RadAsmini.rtf for more info.
- Included Eviloid's InsertColor AddIn.
- Updated ****ApiConst.api and ****ApiStruct.api files.
- You can now use Alt+0..9 to select a tab.
_ Your projects procs are added to API list and API tool tip.
-- Very useful on medium and large projects.
- Code properties right click menu now has Scan Project
-- Scans project for occurrences of the word. A list is output
to Output window #1. You can dbl click on a line to go to code.
- Fixed a bug that caused RadASM to
GPF on files that contained Chinese.
Source code breakpoints:
Add RADbg.dll to AddIns.
x=Next free number
y=0Source code breakpoints.
y=1Int 3 breakpoints. No interaction with RadASM.
y=16Also shows results in RadASM output window#1.
y=17-31Only shows result in RadASM output window#1. Delay y-16 seconds.
Limitations to source code breakpoints.
1. Add RADbg.inc to your project.
2. Running old exe with breakpoints in a newly opened project will not work.
RadASM's current window handle is assembled into your code. Always rebuild exe.
Tip: Create a keyboard macro to include RADbg.inc to your code.
The above does not apply if you are using int 3 breakpoints and a debugger.
You must use RADbg.dll and RADbg.inc version 22.214.171.124 or higher with this version of RadASM.